By: Norm Ordaz
Alright, it’s that time of the year that everyone makes their predictions for the upcoming baseball season. I’m no different. Here’s my attempt at it for 2017.
First, I need to say something. Why are we honoring a man who committed a felony? I’m talking about Jose Fernandez. I know it’s sad that he and two others died in that boat accident. I know Jose was a good young talent whose life was cut way too short. I know that he made a bad decision. But, I also know if that was you or I that our name would be drug through the mud. I think the Marlins are making a poor decision wearing his uniform number this season.
With that said here is my dirty dozen….and then some.
1. I will go on record and say that Kelly will eat more hot dogs this season than Josh or myself.
3. Bryce Harper will win the NL MVP.
4. Felix Hernandez will spend considerable time on the DL this season.
5. There is a youth movement in the Bronx. The Bombers are back and they will land a major free agent or two in the next couple of years.
6. The Red Sox will finish 3rd in the AL East
7. The Angels will be better then the Mariners.
8. Josh Bell of the Pirates will win the NL ROY
9. Andrew Benintendi of the Red Sox wins the AL ROY
10. Someone other than Kershaw wins the NL Cy Young
11. The White Sox trade Jose Quintana and he wins the AL Cy Young
12. Pablo Sandoval has a bounce back season
13. Oregon St. continues their hot start and win the Pac 12
15. Billy Hamilton of the Reds will steal 80 bases.
Now here are my predictions,
1. Washington Nationals
2. New York Mets WC
3. Atlanta Braves
4. Miami Marlins
5. Philadelphia Phillies
1. Chicago Cubs
2. St. Louis Cardinals WC
3. Pittsburgh Pirates
4. Cincinnati Reds
5. Milwaukee Brewers
1. San Francisco Giants
2. Los Angeles Dodgers
3. Arizona Diamondbacks
4. Colorado Rockies
5, San Diego Padres
1. Baltimore Orioles
2. Toronto Blue Jays
3. Boston Red Sox
4. New York Yankees
5. Tampa Bay Rays
1. Cleveland Indians
2. Detroit Tigers WC
3. Kansas City Royals
4. Chicago White Sox
5. Minnesota Twins
1. Houston Astros
2. Texas Rangers WC
3. Anaheim Angels
4. Seattle Mariners
5. Oakland A’s
It will be a Nationals vs. Astros World Series
Be sure to catch Clubhouse Chatter on most Sundays.